Chicken In White Wine & Lemon Sauce On A Bed Of SpinachFrom zinlumi 5 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts (butterfly filleted) shopping list
- 1 bag fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 Bouillon melted in 1 cup of hot water OR 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 200ml white wine shopping list
- 1 slice garlic (sliced) shopping list
- 1 Red Chilli (pitted & sliced) shopping list
- 1 tsp Red/Rose pepper (crushed) shopping list
- flour shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp Butter shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Very lightly dust chicken breasts in flour on both sides so there's just a veil on the surfaces and the chicken is not moist anymore. Do not "bread" the chicken.
- 2. Shave of a few strands of lemon zest (skin) and slice into thin juliennes.
- 3. Stir butter and 1 tbsp of flour into the warm stock and mix until even.
- 4. Melt butter in a frying pan, and fry chicken lightly on both sides until flour is slightly golden. Set seared but not thoroughly cooked chicken aside for later.
- 5. In the same pan you seared the chicken, simmer stock mixture, white wine, and the juice of 1 lemon with the julienne Zests until reduced to 1/3 the original amount.
- 6. Lay chicken breasts in the sauce flat without overlapping, simmer for 3 minutes. Turn. Then cover and simmer for another 5-8 minutes until cooked.
- 7. In a separate pan, fry garlic and sliced red chilli in a dash of olive oil until the aroma is released. Do not caramalize.
- 8. Toss in the spinach and stir gently until they wilt.
- 9. Serve chicken on a bed of spinach, drizzle with the sauce, and decorate with a prinkle of Red/Rosa Peppers.
- 10. Guten Apetit ! Enjoy your new Spring dish !