Shish Kebabs W Spanakopita OrzoFrom oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds lamb top round or shoulder steaks, cut into bite-sized cubes shopping list
- For the orzo: shopping list
- 1/2 pound orzo shopping list
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 cups spinach, divided shopping list
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat broiler or grill.
- 2. Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the orzo. Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain the cooked pasta and reserve.
- 3. While the pasta is cooking, in a large mixing bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons EVOO with the oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, some salt and pepper. Toss the lamb cubes in the mixture to coat. Thread the lamb onto metal skewers (wooden skewers are ok, too, just soak them in water for 20 minutes prior to use). Broil or grill the lamb until seared and cooked to medium, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- 4. While the lamb is cooking, prepare the orzo: Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5. While the veggies are cooking, add the vegetable stock and about 2 cups of spinach into a food processor until smooth. Add the puree to the pan with the onion and garlic to heat through, about 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and stir in the reserved orzo, remaining whole leaves of spinach, feta, some salt and pepper.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!