Broiled Lobster Tails W Lemon VinaigretteFrom oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 (6 to 8-ounce) frozen lobster tails, defrosted shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Using a sharp knife, cut each lobster tail lengthwise through the shell into 2 pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to grill the lobsters.
- Shortly before grilling the lobsters, in a non-reactive mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, 8 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Lightly brush the lobster tails on the cut side with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place the tails, cut side down, on the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Rotate the tails 45 degrees and cook the tails for 3 minutes longer. Rotate the tails 45 degrees again so that the tails are now cut side-up and cook until lobster is just cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes longer. During these last few minutes, spoon some of the vinaigrette over the cut tail meat so that it drizzles down into the lobster shells.
- Serve the lobster tails with more of the vinaigrette drizzled over the meat.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!