Skillet ChiliFrom donman 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 6 ounces tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain excess fat and add meat back to pan.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water and chili beans.
- Add seasons; chili powder, hot sauce, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook (covered) over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours or longer. ( I simmered mine for 2 1/2 hours)
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!