Cream Cheese BrowniesFrom mrcooksalot 2 years ago
- Brownie Layer: shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped ( I use Giradelli) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- cream cheese Layer: shopping list
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven. Have ready a 9 inch square baking pan that has been lined with aluminum foil.
- In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and stir or whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour and salt and stir vigorously until the batter is smooth and glossy (about one minute). Remove 1/2 cup of the brownie batter and set it aside. Spread the remainder of the brownie batter evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Then, in the bowl of your food processor (or with a hand mixer), process the cream cheese just until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until creamy and smooth (do not over process). Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the brownie layer. Spoon 16 small dollops (4 rows with 4 dollops of brownie batter in each row) of the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the cream cheese filling. Run a knife or wooden skewer back and forth through the two batters until you have a marble effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the brownies are set and the cream cheese is just beginning to brown. (A toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out with just a few moist crumbs.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Then cover and refrigerate the brownies until they are firm enough to cut into squares (several hours or even overnight). Once chilled, remove the brownies from the pan by lifting with the ends of the foil and transfer to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares. It is a good idea to have a damp cloth nearby to wipe your knife between cuts. These brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. Serve cold or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!