Creamy and Crabby Thai SoupFrom keni 5 years ago
- About 2-3T olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3-5 hot Thai chili peppers, minced(sub, here, if desired for level of heat preferred) shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 head broccoli, florets only shopping list
- 14oz white kidney beans, undrained shopping list
- 12-16oz cooked crab meat(I can't recommend canned cus I've never used it) shopping list
- 11-12oz guava nectar(try to use all natural, if possible) shopping list
- 4 cups chicken or veggie stock shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- 1T cumin shopping list
- several dashes of sriracha sauce shopping list
- 14oz coconut milk(I found some real coconut milk in the produce section and was thrilled... it's what inspired the idea of a soup...but, use the canned, if you have no other choice :) shopping list
- 2oz cellophane noodles, uncooked shopping list
- fresh cilantro and lime wedges for serving shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in soup pot and add onions.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and peppers and cook another 5.
- Add beans, broccoli, crab, guava nectar, stock, dry mustard, cumin, salt, pepper and sriracha.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add noodles and coconut milk and continue to cook about 5-10 minutes until heated through and noodles are tender.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.