Hazelnut Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom DetroitTokyo 1 year ago
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 Heath chocolate English toffee bar - about 4 oz. shopping list
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats shopping list
- 2/3 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1/3 + 2 tbsp whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in oven and roast 10-15 minutes, stirring every couple minutes. Remove from oven and cool on paper towels. Once cool enough to handle, remove husks and place in food processor bowl, fitted with S-blade. Chop to your desired texture/consistency. Set aside.
- Place Heath bar in food processor bowl, fitted with S-blade. Chop to your desired consistency - I prefer roughly for some nice chunks. Set aside.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place oats in food processor bowl, fitted with S-blade. Chop finely.
- Place chopped oats in a medium mixing bowl. Add flours, baking powder & soda, and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- In a separate, larger bowl add butter and sugars. Cream together, using an electric mixture, until fluffy - about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and extracts.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, about 1/2 at a time. Mix in by hand with a wooden spoon or similar.
- Fold Heath bits, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips into dough.
- Form into about 1 1/2 tbsp balls and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are just golden brown. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to rack to continue cooling completely. Store in an air-tight container.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!