Fresh Deli DillsFrom hungrynow 3 years ago
- 3” or 4” cucumbers (I used six 4” pickling cucumbers 'cuz that's what fits in my crock.) shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 1 ½ cups white distilled vinegar shopping list
- ½ cup Morton Coarse kosher salt (You know, the dark blue box) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and split in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (I used fresh) shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub cucumbers under cold running water. Place in large heat-proof bowl or crock.
- Heat water, vinegar and Kosher salt to boiling; pour over cucumbers. Add garlic and dill weed.
- Place a saucer over top and weigh it down with a water filled jar - or use whatever method works best for you. The cucumbers must be immersed in the brine. Cover with a clean towel.
- Brine at room temperature for 2 - 4 days. (I brined mine for about 96 hours and they came out crunchy fresh with real pucker!)
- Transfer cucumbers and enough brine to cover into a clean jar. Put lid on jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Hope you will like 'em.
The Cookhungrynow Corralitos, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!