Feista Perfect Pico De GalloFrom BonniVivant 3 years ago
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes shopping list
- Half a large red onion shopping list
- About 1/3 of a bunch of fresh cilantro (feel free to add more if you love the flavor) shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 a jalapeno (use the whole pepper if you like things hot and spicy) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Half a lime shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the tomatoes and onion into a medium-sized bowl. Chop the cilantro, stems and all, and add it to the bowl. Peel the garlic clove, smash it with the heel of your palm to release its flavor, mince it fine and stir it in with the other veggies. Clean the jalepeno, taking care to remove all the seeds, chop it fine, and stir it in as well.
- Sprinkle the salt over the veggies, then squeeze the lime over them, being careful not to get seeds in your pico. Give everything a good stir, and taste. Add a little more cilantro of jalepeno at this point if you’d like. Transfer your pico to an airtight container, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to let all the flavors come through brilliantly.
The CookBonniVivant Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!