Sugar-Free and Vegan Carrot CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 cups dates, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine the water, dates, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the shredded carrots in a large bowl and pour the hot water mixture over them, and allow to cool completely.
- Add the orange juice concentrate to the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
I made this last night. Absolutely delicious! I took invisiblechef's advice and ran it through the blender cause I was pressed for time. Next time I'll try boiling. I think the texture of the chopped up dates and raisins will be better. Although, my ...morejudyjii in Miami loved it
Heeey! My friend is gluten intolerant and cannot have rice flour either, so I made this with almond meal instead of the flour and it turned out great! Even a guy who only eats 'normal' food liked it! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)lizzypikkle in loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget557 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Piece Of Cake376 members