Slow-cooker Meatballs and Scalloped PotatoesFrom moxie2burn 2 years ago
- Meatballs: shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef (not too lean, not too fatty) shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 t. onion powder shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 T fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 T. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- generous grinding of black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Remainder of dish: shopping list
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup strong beef broth shopping list
- 2 tsp. paprika (sweet Hungarian) shopping list
- 1 T. onion powder shopping list
- generous grindings of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- For the meatballs:
- Mix all ingredients together until homogenous. Shape into small balls, about an inch in diameter. In frying pan, in minimal oil over medium high heat, SEAR until outsides are well browned. Do NOT cook through! Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sour cream, beef broth, paprika, onion powder and black pepper. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, dissolve about 1/2 t. cream of tartar in about a cup of water. Add potatoes and toss together (this keeps them from darkening later on). Drain. Add drained potatoes to soup mixture and toss until all the potatoes are well coated. Spoon 1/2 of the potato mixture into a crock pot sprayed with nonstick spray. Top with 3/4 cup of shredded cheese and half the meatballs. Repeat layer with remaining potatoes and cheese and meatballs. Cook on HIGH for 3.5 to 4.5 hours (or on LOW 7 to 8 hours).
- Slow-cooker Meatballs and Scalloped Potatoes recipe Copyright © 2012 by Trysha Mapley. Contact the author to obtain permission for republication.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Not added to any groups yet!