Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing CopycatFrom kytigger 3 years ago
- 1 pound green cabbage (smallish head – may not need it all) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise (full fat so it’s creamy) shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- 1 small carrot (or use a little more cabbage instead if you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and mustard in bowl and mix thoroughly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Using a large and very sharp chef's knife, slice cabbage into shreds fine shreds.
- Thinly slice or shred carrot and combine with cabbage in bowl.
- Sprinkle lightly with celery salt and toss.
- While stirring, pour just enough dressing over the prepared vegetables to moisten them nicely.
- (After it sits a while, there will suddenly be more liquid in the bowl than you thought there was- it will come off the veggies. So don't overdo the dressing. You can always add more later if need be.) Cover and chill.
- Refrigerate unused portion of dressing for later use.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!