Lindy's Huevos RancherosFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- 2 poblano chilis shopping list
- 1 anaheim chili shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chili shopping list
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas shopping list
- Grapeseed, or another neutral oil shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole black beans shopping list
- 1 (7 ounce) can Herdez salsa Ranchera (or other Ranchera sauce) shopping list
- 1/4 of the salsa can water shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- butter, as needed shopping list
- Cotija cheese, (or grated jack) shopping list
- Sliced avocado shopping list
- sour cream, (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Char the peppers over a flame or in the broiler, put into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Peel (do not peel under water or you dilute the pepper flavor, a little bit of black left on is o.k.) remove seeds and slice. Sauté in a skillet until very soft and tender. Set-aside.
- In another skillet, fry the tortillas, one by one, until crisp. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a small pan, heat the beans, lightly mash with a potato masher.
- In another small skillet, heat the ranchera sauce with the water. (I know, there's a lot of little pans here, but it can't be helped).
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat (did you know the trick for cooking perfect eggs no matter what kind you like, it to cook them over a low heat? Low and slow is the way to go)... Add the butter to the pan and when it is melted add the eggs, one by one, season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- As the eggs are cooking, begin assembly of the Huevos, dip the crisp tortilla into the Ranchera sauce to coat, place on a plate, top with some of the black beans, and some of the sautéed peppers (leave some for the top) spinkle a bit of the Cotija cheese on, then turn the egg and slide on top; (you can cook your eggs however you like them, but runny is best, IMHO); spoon some of the Ranchera sauce over the eggs, top with remaining sautéed chills, more cheese, avocado slices and a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Serve hot.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!