Chinese Hot, Sweet & Sour Shredded PotatoesFrom sm8085 1 year ago
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled (avoid floury potatoes) shopping list
- peanut oil, to cook shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (decrease or increase the amount as per your taste) shopping list
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (or chop jalapenos lengthwise) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1 spring onion, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes. First thinly slice the potatoes and then thinly slice potato slices into thin strips. Potato strips should look like noodles. Place potato slices into bowl of water
- Heat the oil in a wok, and add the garlic. Sauté for a minute. Meanwhile, drain the potatoes in a colander. Add to the wok and quickly stir fry for another minute. Add the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Keep tossing the potatoes for another 4-5 minutes until you start to see the liquid in the pan thicken.
- Add the chopped spring onions and red chilies, toss once more to mix in, and serve.