Grilled Sausage SandwichesFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2lbs smoked German sausages(links) shopping list
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 rings or strips shopping list
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced into 1/2 rings or strips shopping list
- about 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1lb loaf Italian or similar bread, sliced in 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter, melted shopping list
- fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 1lb smoked gouda cheese, sliced shopping list
- favorite mustard(we used sweet and spicy and jalapeno) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix desired amount of garlic with melted butter and spread over one side of each of the pieces of bread. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat grill, grill the sausages on the grill rack.
- Place the peppers and onions in a foil packet or a cast iron pan and drizzle with a lil olive oil. Add black pepper.
- Toss to combine, then add this to the grill, too.
- Toss the veggies often for even cooking.
- When sausages and veggies are nearly done, add the bread slices, buttered side down, to the grill grate.
- Grill just a few seconds, until lightly toasted.
- Remove sausages from grill and slice lengthwise
- Built the sammiches by immediately placing a slice of cheese on one slice of bread, top with 2 or 3 slices of sausage(depending on the size of the bread :), and add a spoonful of the peppers and onions.
- Spread the unbuttered side of each remaining piece of bread with mustard.