Buckwheat Apple Pan FrittersFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 2 large apples, peeled in alternating ribbons "stem to stern" (vertically) shopping list
- 1 cup dark buckwheat flour shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure apple cider (not alcoholic) shopping list
- 2 tbsp dark amber maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tbsp canola oil or coconut oil, for cooking shopping list
- Dark amber maple syrup, for serving (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Using a mandoline, slice each apple into even, thin rings (I suggest no more than 4-5mm thick). Place into a bowl of lemon water to stop browning while preparing the batter.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and flaxseed.
- Add the apple cider and maple syrup and whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium-low heat and add the oil.
- Pat apple slices dry and dip in the batter, evenly coating both sides. See Photo
- Add to the hot pan and cook until batter is crisp on the underside and the apple is halfway cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Flip slices and cook on the other side until the batter is crispy and the apple is fork-tender.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of syrup if desired. See Photo
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Made these this morning. Were awesome :) Used Pink Lady apples and they were heavenly.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Whole Foods142 members