Chipotle Spinach EnchiladasFrom keni 1 year ago
- 1lb lean ground meat(venison, beef, turkey) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo shopping list
- about 10oz fresh spinach, torn shopping list
- about 8oz Mexican Crema(or sub sour cream) shopping list
- 8oz colby Jack or pepper jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- flour tortillas(can use any size you want, and can sub corn, if desired shopping list
- about 1 cup salsa verde shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Fresh cilantro and black olives, if desired, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In large heavy skillet(I used cast iron), cook meat with onion and garlic over medium heat, until meat is done, but not over brown.
- Add torn spinach and stir and heat for just a couple minutes, until it's all starting to wilt.
- Drain well.
- Add mixture back to skillet and add the crema, 1-3 chipotles(I used all that are in the can) and all the adobo sauce, salt, pepper and half the shredded cheese.
- Mix well(no need to reheat, just mix it up well)
- Fill and roll tortillas enchilada or burrito style and place them seam side down in a lightly greased casserole dish. (I used a large cast iron pan, instead :)
- Pour the salsa verde over the enchiladas and add the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, more sour cream or crema, and olives.