Dark And Rich Sundried Tomato SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 oz carrots, grated finely shopping list
- 1/2 zucchini, grated finely shopping list
- 1 red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 7 1/2 cups no-salt-added crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 3 oz sundried tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon balm leaves, minced shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook until the garlic is fragrant, then add the zucchini, red pepper, black pepper and salt and cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, then add the turmeric, cocoa, oregano, thyme and basil.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, then puree with an immersion blender or in a regular blender in batches.
- Return to the pot, stir in the sundried tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and lemon balm and remove from the heat.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget556 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat239 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members