Tom's Potato, Green Chili, Bacon And Cheese Cream Soup With Onions!From twill10 2 years ago
- Tom's Potato, green chili, bacon and cheese cream soup with onions! shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 3 to 4 small russet potatoes, medium to large dice about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch square shopping list
- 1/2 medium yellow onion small dice, 1/4 inch shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped dried parsley or fresh if you have it shopping list
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter or your favorite low cal substitute shopping list
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, if you have them fresh great! shopping list
- 3 tbsp. canned evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp. accent , optional shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Oscar Mayer real bacon bits shopping list
- 2 slices white American cheese or use low fat shopping list
How to make it
- Get your water boiling while you dice your potatoes and onion. Add to liquid with the onion, bay leaf, bouillon cubes let cook till all tender. Take out 1/2 cup of the broth, let cool . Add bacon, 2 slices of cheese and let simmer. Add 2 tbsp. all purpose flour to the reserved broth, 3 tbsp. canned evaporated milk and mix well with a whisk. Meanwhile turndown the cooking potatoes and broth on the stove and slowly add the flour and broth liquid/ milk mixture to it stirring with the whisk as it mixes with all the ingredients. Some of of the potatoes may dissolve , but that is fine! After all is mixed add the green chilies to the pot and let come to a slow boil and serve.
- some options: if you dislike adding the flour to the soup add some of your favorite boxed instant mashed potatoes , there are so many kinds that will work great and then leave the flour out. Cream Cheese is an option as well as green onions , chopped. Creamed soups in a can can also work to thicken this soup. Use whatever cheese you like, some easy melting Mexican cheeses work well. So does Parmesan cheese. If you like more cubed potatoes add them already cooked at the service time.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!