Quinoa Tabouleh SaladFrom littlesponger 3 years ago
- Salad Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup dry quinoa (to yield 3 cups cooked quinoa) shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions (about 6), finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups minced curly parsley leaves (about 2 bunches) shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, seeded and diced (3-4 medium) shopping list
- Dressing Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons) shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water and drain well. Place in a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12 minutes, or until a white ring is visible around each grain of quinoa, and the water in the pan has been absorbed. If the quinoa looks cooked, but there is still moisture in the pan, uncover the pan and cook the quinoa over medium heat, stirring frequently for about a minute. Set the quinoa aside, uncovered, to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the lemon juice, garlic,and salt together in a large bowl. Allow to sit while you chop the remaining ingredients. The lemon juice will mellow the garlic as it sits.
- Seed the tomatoes by quatering them, then using a paring knife to cut out the seeds. Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place the cooled quinoa, chopped green onion, parsley, mint, and tomatoes in the large bowl with the lemon-garlic mixture. Drizzle in the olive oil, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve at room temperature, or chill in the refrigerator. Flavor will improve in the fridge overnight.