Jetts Southern Squash CasseroleFrom jett2whit 4 years ago
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine shopping list
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- Pam cooking spray shopping list
- 9 X 13 inch casserole dish shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the squash and onion in enough water to cover in a saucepan until tender.
- Drain well and smash it up good.
- Add cheese while squash is still hot and stir until cheese melts.
- Add butter.
- Mix in flour, sugar & pepper
- Add eggs
- Stir in milk
- Pour into casserole dish that has been sprayed with PAM or similar type spray
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set.
- ~It is good for me to draw near to God. Psalm 73:28
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
Comfort Foods773 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Casserole Comfort131 members
Our Daily Dinner866 members
Checkin Central284 members
Bugs Bunnys Favorite6 members
Anything Cheese31 members
Squash Lovers Delight29 members
Checkins Round Table39 members