Superfood Peanut Butter N' Cookies FudgeFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1/4 cup maca powder (raw or roasted, see note) shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut flour (I used Protein Plus) or ground almonds shopping list
- 2 oz vegan white chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 oz vegan butter (I used Earth Balance) or refined coconut oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups very well-cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well shopping list
- 2 tbsp amber agave nectar shopping list
- 2 (1 gram) packets vanilla flavoured stevia shopping list
- 2 (1 gram) packets caramel flavoured stevia shopping list
- 1/4 cup natural, smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 10 small chocolate crisp cookies (I used my cookies-for-creme.html">Kamut cookies For Creme, you can use Teddy Grahams too) shopping list
- fine sea salt and/or raw sugar, to sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- If using roasted / gelatinized maca, skip the first step
- In a large, dry frying pan over medium high heat, toast the maca powder and ground almonds if using (stirring constantly) until the mixture is a "toasty" brown colour and the bitter/sour smell of the maca becomes almost butterscotchy - about 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately pour into a bowl and cool completely. Stir in the peanut flour if using this instead of the almonds.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a small bowl and melt gently in the microwave. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the beans with the agave nectar and stevia until very smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture, maca and ground almonds and puree in.
- Add the peanut butter and process in until completely smooth.
- Pulse in the cookies until combined but still chunky. See Photo
- Line an 8x5" loaf pan with clingwrap and evenly press in the fudge. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Chill 1 hour, uncovered, then press a layer of plastic onto of the surface and keep in the fridge.
- This tastes better if you chill it overnight and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!