Chicken And Spring Mix Salad With Spicy Pineapple DressingFrom oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- •1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast shopping list
- •1 tsp paprika (or chili powder) •1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- •1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- •1 cup cubed fresh pineapple (about 8 ounces), divided shopping list
- •1 tbsp orange juice (or apple juice) shopping list
- •2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or vinegar + 1 tsp sugar)•1/2 serrano pepper, seeded (or habanero) shopping list
- •1 tbsp olive oil (extra-virgin if available)•1/3 red bell pepper, thinly sliced•1/4 red onion, thinly sliced•1 (5-ounce) package fresh spring mix of spinach, baby lettuce, and radicchio shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Add chicken to pan; cook for 5 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove from pan; set aside.
- 2. Combine half of pineapple, orange juice, vinegar, and Serrano in a blender; process until smooth. Add olive oil after blended and mix with spoon or ladle.
- 3. Cut the red onion and red bell pepper into thin strips or desired pieces. Pineapples should be cut into 1/2-inch chunks or can be cut according to preference as well.
- 4. Combine remaining pineapple and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3/4 cup dressing, and toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 2 plates. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; divide chicken evenly over salads. Drizzle salad evenly with remaining dressing. Enjoy!