General Tso's ChickenFrom sm8085 1 year ago
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1” chunks) shopping list
- 5 dried red chili peppers shopping list
- 3 spring onions (sliced) shopping list
- 3 eggs (beaten) shopping list
- ½ cup cornstarch shopping list
- oil (for frying) shopping list
- For the Sauce: shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice wine/sherry shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl mix cornstarch and beaten eggs. Add chicken bits and coat well.
- In another bowl combine rice vinegar, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken bits in batches. Drain on paper towels.
- Reserve a little oil for cooking and drain the rest from your wok. Add dried chili peppers and stir fry for 30 seconds. Then add the chicken and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the wok and cook stirring until the sauce becomes thickened and bubbly. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot !!!!