Taiwanese 3 Cup ChickenFrom sm8085 1 year ago
- 1 lb chicken thighs, chopped each thigh into two shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine shopping list
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled & slightly bruised shopping list
- 6 slices ginger shopping list
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- a handful of fresh sweet basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken into pieces and marinate them with baking soda. Set aside for 10 minutes before rinsing the chicken off with water. Make sure the baking soda is completely rinsed off. Pat dry the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Heat a clay pot/wok on high heat and add the sesame oil. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant. Add in chicken stir till it’s no longer pink.
- Add the light & dark soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, water and sugar and continue to stir-fry the chicken. Cover the chicken and lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add basil leaves and spring onions, stir well with the chicken.
- Serve hot!!!!!