Apple And Sausage StuffingFrom tuilelaith 3 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casing removed shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 firm apples, peeled, cored and chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 8 cups cubed French bread shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13-by-9-inch casserole dish; lightly coat one side of a large piece of foil with butter. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil.
- Add sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage to a large bowl; reserve fat in skillet.
- Add onion and celery to skillet and cook 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add garlic, apples, sage and parsley and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add mixture to sausage.
- Add bread cubes to sausage mixture, toss until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Gently stir in chicken broth, then egg.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish, cover with buttered foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake about 20 minutes longer, until stuffing is crisp and golden on top. Serve warm.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!