Sausage & Arugula Stuffed MushroomsFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- Stuffing: shopping list
- 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage (uncooked), casing removed shopping list
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 large handful organic baby arugula shopping list
- fresh parsley and oregano, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. natural, plain cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 30 medium-large white button mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling shopping list
- extra arugula, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, brown the sausage and shallot over medium to medium high heat, using a spoon or spatula to break it into very small pieces Stir and move the meat around as needed, but don’t overdo it such that the meat is unable to get nice and brown. Add the arugula and saute just until wilted. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix together the cream cheese, herbs and parm with the sausage until well combined. Season with pepper, if desired.
- Meanwhile, rinse the mushrooms under cold water to remove the dirt and then dry thoroughly with paper towels or a clean kitchen cloth. Remove the stems and discard. Set the mushrooms on a foil lined baking pan, hollow side up.
- Next is assembly. Fill each mushroom cap with a heaping tablespoon of the sausage, arugula and cream cheese mixture and cover with a generous amount of the breadcrumb topping. I find it easiest to "dunk" the top of the mushrooms on a bowl of the panko and press down so it sticks
- Once all the mushrooms have been filled and topped, drizzle them with a little extra virgin olive oil (you could also put the oil in a misto and spray them generously). Bake for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees until the mushrooms are tender, then turn the broiler on high for 2 minutes until golden brown.