Blueberry Pancakes With Blueberry SauceFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 1 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups milk, more by the tbsp if needed shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter, melted & cooled shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup blueberries shopping list
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, washed and picked over shopping list
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 granulated sugar, or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp water shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- whipped dessert topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together flours, baking powder & soda, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Heat a lightly or buttered griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Scoop batter, using approximately 1/3 cup for each pancake, onto the griddle or pan.
- Turn when bubbles form on surface and edges begin to dry and cook on other side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to lined baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Combine berries, lemon juice, sugar, and water in a medium non-reactive saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until blueberries begin to break down and juices boil and thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and cover to keep warm.
- To serve, divide pancakes - 2 on each plate. Divide sauce between plates. Top with whipped dessert topping if desired.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!