Spam Cheesy CrescentsFrom krumkake 4 years ago
How to make it
- Unwrap the crescent dough and pinch the seams together of 2 of the triangles, making 4 rectangles.
- Cut the Spam into 4 - 1/2" slices, then cut each slice into 2 rectangles, making 8 strips. Refrigerate or freeze the remaining Spam.
- Lay a strip of the Spam near the end of one of the rectangles of dough - place a strip of cheese on top of the Spam and top the cheese with another strip of Spam (place the meat and cheese on the "short" width of the rectangle).
- Take the end of the opposite side of the dough and pull it over the Spam and cheese: crimp and seal the 3 open sides of the dough.
- Use a spatula to pick up the sandwich rectangle and move it to a lightly buttered baking sheet. Repeat this process to make 4 sandwiches.
- Using your fingers, gently rub some soft butter over the top of the sandwiches; sprinkle with some garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crescents are nicely browned on top and heated through, about 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately, remembering that the filling will be VERY HOT, so be careful!