Roasted Cherry Brownies With Black Fudge FrostingFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 300g fresh black cherries, pitted shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup sunflower-seed-butter.html">Pumpkin Sunflower Seed Butter (or your favourite nut butter) shopping list
- 3/4 cup cherry juice shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tsp vinegar (I used raspberry vinegar) shopping list
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted shopping list
- 1 cup spelt flour shopping list
- 2 tsp ground chia seed shopping list
- 1 tsp espresso powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 tbsp dried black beans (3/4 cup well cooked) shopping list
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening or soft coconut oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F and grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread the cherries out in one layer and sprinkle with the 1 tbsp sugar.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then scrape the mixture (avoid any burnt bits) into a bowl and allow to cool. See Photo
- Reduce oven to 350F and line a 9" square pan with parchment or foil.
- In a bowl mix together brown sugar, seed butter, cherry juice, vanilla and vinegar.
- Stir in the cocoa, then gently stir in the flour, chia seed, espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the cherries.
- Bake 30 minutes, until the centre is set. Cool completely and chill before frosting.
- Place beans, brown sugar, shortening, vanilla and cocoa in a food processor and puree.
- Melt chocolate and add to the processor, blend in.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and add the salt. Run the processor until completely smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and chill See Photo. Beat again before spreading on chilled brownies.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Whole Foods142 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
A Batch Of Brownies38 members
Theres A Light On In The Kitchen31 members