Ultimate HummusFrom hollyeats 1 year ago
- 2 smaller cans chickpeas / garbanzo beans, drained - 16 oz.total shopping list
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame) paste shopping list
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, pressed shopping list
- Zest of 1 large lemon, juice of 1 1/2 shopping list
- 1 TBS ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp sweet ground paprika shopping list
- Generous 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 TBS sesame oil shopping list
- Up to 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- olive oil to drizzle on top shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas. tahini, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and spices.
- Process until almost smooth, a few minutes.
- With machine running, slowly pour in the oils until well incorporated.
- Stop and check texture. If it is at all heavy, turn machine back on and process again, adding water a bit at a time until texture is lighter and a bit fluffy but not gloopy-- this takes a bit of trial and error!
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Scrape hummus out into a wide bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Store refrigerated; best if flavors are allowed to mellow a few hours before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle a little paprika on top for a nice color.
- Serve with pita bread triangles or any other thinly.sliced bread or cracker.