Chicken Tinga From NickFrom krumkake 3 years ago
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 small cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 diced onion, optional, but I like onion! shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Tostado shells shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- 2 ripe avocados shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, cover chicken breasts with water and simmer until chicken can be pulled away from the bone. Remove the cooked chicken breasts to a cutting board, saving the chicken water for the sauce.
- Shred the chicken meat, using a couple forks, and place it in a medium saucepan.
- Dice the chipotle peppers and add them, and the adobo sauce, and the tomato sauce to the chicken in the saucepan. Add paprika, cumin and salt to your taste; gently simmer for 1 hour, uncovered. If sauce becomes too thick, thin with some of the leftover chicken water to desired consistency.
- When ready to serve, smear sour cream on tostados, cover with chicken tinga sauce, and top with slices of avocado. Serve immediately.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!