Refrigerator Dill Pickle ChipsFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 3 Kirby cucumbers, sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 cup filtered water shopping list
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup packed coarsely chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- whole, fresh thai red chiles (birds eye), depending on your preference shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds shopping list
- 1/2 a jar pickling spice shopping list
How to make it
- Put the sliced cucumber in a medium bowl (which has a fitted lid).
- Combine water, vinegar, fresh dill, sugar, garlic, salt, dill seeds, and pickling spice in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until the sugar and salt is dissolved. Remove from the heat and taste for tartness, add more sugar if too sour and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled liquid over the cucumbers, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 48 hours, stirring the mixture at least once.