Lighten Up Chicken ParmesanFrom sharebear1 2 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic powder shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups purchased marinara sauce or your homemade version shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella shopping list
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. Heat a heavy large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets.
- Sprinkle half mozzarella over each cutlet. Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Then sprinkle remaining mozzarella & Parmesan over each. Cover with foil and bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and turn oven to broil. Broil cheese on top to golden brown 4-5 minutes. Remove cool and serve with pasta and garlic bread.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- marpar Copenhagen, DK
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- Kathicooks Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- mrpiggy Mendocino County, CA
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- agabarro Nowhere, Us
- sharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!