Steakhouse MeltFrom keni 1 year ago
- 1lb loaf hearty bread ie sourdough, multi grain, Italian, etc, sliced into 12 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 2lbs deli roast beef, medium rare, sliced fairly thin shopping list
- 1 onion sliced thin shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced thin shopping list
- 6-8oz blue cheese crumbles(I use gorgonzola) shopping list
Black pepper Dijon Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2-3T Dijon mustard shopping list
- couple dashes hot sauce shopping list
- couple dashes worcestershire sauce shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all Sauce ingredients well and set aside.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a lil butter
- Heat a griddle, skillet or panini press to high heat(add a lil butter, oil or spray, if needed) and lay buttered sides of half the pieces bread down(work in batches, if needed) and then layer each with mushrooms, onions, beef and cheese.(I put the cheese between some pieces of meat :)
- Spread a lil of the sauce over the inside(non buttered) part of the rest of the slices of bread and put over the ones in the skillet.
- Flip once to get golden brown on each side.
- I served these with sliced tomatoes and sea salt and black pepper thick cut chips.
- **the onions and mushrooms can be very quickly sauteed if desired before adding them to the sammich... this is how I like to do them. :)