Chicken And BiscuitsFrom dragonflylady13 9 years ago
- 2-3 C mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 C fresh or frozen vegetables shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 C milk shopping list
- 1/3 C water shopping list
- 3 TBSP corn starch shopping list
- 2 C flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt. shopping list
- 5 TBSP shortening shopping list
- 3/4 C milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cook and mash potatoes. You should make enough to get about 2-3 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Spread potatoes over the bottom of a medium sized cake pan or casserole dish.
- Cut chicken into small chunks. (if using frozen chicken, cook until thawed, and then cut into chunks)
- In a skillet or frying pan, cook onion and chicken, until chicken is just slightly pink on the inside.
- Add frozen vegetables to pan, and cook until vegetables are heated through, and chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth and milk to skillet. Heat to boiling.
- In a small glass, mix together water and corn starch. Add mixture to skillet and stir until chicken broth mixture becomes thick. (if mixture is not thick enough to your liking, repeat this step.)
- Pour mixture over potato layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 C flour, baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in milk just until dough is moistened, then drop by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake at 450 for 12 to 15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown, and cooked on the bottom.
- Serve hot.
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!