Bacon Zucchini QuicheFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, prepared or homemade shopping list
- 3 large eggs (fresh from the farm is best, otherwise use free range eggs whenever you can) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, or as needed shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 cup diced zucchini (but not the seedy part) shopping list
- 3 slices thick applewood smoked bacon (or you could use ham) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pie crust according to directions.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the cream, mix well. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and a bit of fresh ground nutmeg. Set - aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and butter together over medium heat, add the onions and sauté until just beginning to brown; add the zucchini along with a pinch of salt and pepper; cook until the zucchini is tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp (I did this in the microwave using paper towels, about 3 minutes on high); chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Heat the oven to 350 (or in my case, lower the oven from 400 to 350). Mix the bacon and onion/zucchini mixture together and place in the bottom of the pie crust, top with the cheeses (also mixed together) and then slowly pour the egg/cream mixture over. Place in the oven on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until set. There should be a slight wobble when you check for doneness. Remove from oven to a cooling rack and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before slicing. Cheers to Sunday Breakfast! See Photo
- Per Serving: 437 Calories; 35g Fat (17g Sat, 14g Mono, 3g Poly); 13g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 186mg Cholesterol; 579mg Sodium.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!