Banana Nut TiramisuFrom midgelet 2 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup cup Amaretto liquer divided or more if needed shopping list
- 2 Pkg Italian lady fingers ( Savoiardi ) 24 ladyfingers per pkg or as needed shopping list
- juice from 1/2 large lemon shopping list
- 4 large ripe bananas shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts ( almonds, hazelnuts etc ) shopping list
- 24 oz Marscapone cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream divided shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup sugar to taste shopping list
- 1- 2 tsp vanilla to taste shopping list
- flaked coconut as the topping shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender place lemon juice, 1/4 cup amaretto and 1/4 cup heavy cream and nuts
- Add bananas and blend to puree into a smooth semi thick soupy consistency
- In a large bowl place the marscapone cheese, sugar to taste, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup amaretto and beat until smooth and thick- don't over beat
- Place remaining amaretto into a bowl
- Dip ladyfingers briefly into liquer to moisten and then coat all sides in the banana mixture
- Place lady fingers in a single layer to cover bottom of a buttered deep oblong or square pan. I used a 10 inch square pan and so the ladyfingers fit even and snug.
- Top with 1/2 of the cream mixture
- Repeat layer of the amaretto-banana coated lady fingers
- Top with remaining Mascarpone cream mixture
- Sprinkle on flaked sweetened coconut
- Optional sprinkle on some chopped nuts if desired.
- Cover carefully and let banana tiramisu sit in the refrigerator overnight to blend flavors
- Serve the following day by cutting out pieces.
- Optional: serve if desired with fresh berries or a dessert sauce.