Ground Lamb Kebabs With Yogurt SauceFrom hollyeats 3 years ago
- MEAT: shopping list
- 600g (a generous 1 1/2 lbs.) ground lamb, not too lean shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves shopping list
- 3 TBS pine nuts shopping list
- 1 slice fresh toast bread shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 TBS ground coriander shopping list
- 1 TBS ground cumin shopping list
- Generous amount fresh-ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt (I used Lawry's) shopping list
- 1 tsp. (or more to taste) Turkish Pul Biber or other red-pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 large or 3 smaller garlic cloves, pressed shopping list
- 1 1/2 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 10 wooden dowels or skewers shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 2 cups thick Greek yogurt shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Handful fresh-chopped parsley (or 2 TBS freeze-dried) shopping list
How to make it
- Cover the wooden dowels/skewers with cold water and leave to soak.
- Make Sauce: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Make Kebabs: In a kitchen chopper, whiz the fresh coriander leaves, pine nuts and torn slice of bread until the leaves are chopped, the nuts are in small bits and the bread has crumbed.
- Alternatively, chop separately by hand.
- Add to ground lamb in a large bowl, along with all other ingredients.
- Mix well with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- At the end of the hour, form 1/4 cup of meat mixture around each drained skewer, pressing firmly.
- Keep chilled until ready to grill.
- Grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until browned and juices run clear.
- Serve with sauce for dipping. Great with rice or potatoes and some greeny sort of salad.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!