Spicy Pear Upside-down CakeFrom racerrat 4 years ago
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 can (16oz) pear halves or sliced pears, drained, reserving 1 tbsp syrup shopping list
- 1 tbsp pear syrup shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in 9" round or 8" square cake pan. Remove pan from oven, add brown sugar, flour and pear syrup. Stir to combine and spread evenly in bottom of pan. Place pear halves (cut side down) or slices on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream butter, egg, milk, brown sugar and granulated sugar. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until well mixed.
- Pour batter evenly over pears. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out cleanly.
- Place baking pan on wire cooling rack to cool. After 3-5 minutes, gently loosen the edges with a knife. Invert onto a serving plate. Leave pan over plate for a few minutes to allow the topping to drip down onto the cake.
- Serve warm or cool. If desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream.
The Cookracerrat Lockport, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!