Light Banana Cream CakeFrom cinnamongal 2 years ago
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas, (about 3) shopping list
- 2 bananas, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters) shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat free buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup fat free vanilla pudding shopping list
- ½ cup fat free Cool Whip shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare cake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray and line the bottoms with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs, 1 cup sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in mashed bananas, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add to the banana mixture and fold in just until blended.
- Divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake the cake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- To make the cream, gently fold the Cool Whip into the vanilla pudding, in a medium sized bowl, using a rubber spatula.
- To assemble cake:
- Shortly before serving, place 1 cake layer on a serving plate and spread half the cool whip cream over it.
- Peel and slice the remaining bananas; arrange half the slices evenly over the cream.
- Top with the second cake layer.
- Spread the remaining cream over the cake and arrange the remaining banana slices decoratively over the top.
- TIP: If you don’t have buttermilk, or can’t find fat free buttermilk, you can make your own by mixing 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup fat free milk.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!