Easy Oven Cheddar GritsFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- 1 cup stone-ground white grits (not instant, "no proper southerner would use instant grits" quote From My Cousin Vinney shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I used 2% cheese) shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the grits into a 2 quart oven proof pot; stir in the half and half and water along with the salt and butter. Add a bit of freshly ground black pepper; give it a good stir.
- Set the dish, uncovered, into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, stir in the cheese, then bake for 10 minutes more.
- Stir well, taste and adjust seasonings. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Per Serving: 223 Calories; 12g Fat (7g Sat, 3g Mono, 1g Poly); 7g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 35mg Cholesterol; 464mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!