Crustless Quinoa And Kale QuicheFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions & cooled shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms, optional shopping list
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed & chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded New Zealand White Cheddar shopping list
- 3 oz. cream cheese OR 3 oz. spreadable white cheddar & sage cheese OR 2.5 oz Creamy goat cheese (TJ's), softened on the counter shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add vinegar, water, and kale. Cover allow steam to wilt kale. Stir occasionally, cook for about 7-10 minutes until tender and dark green. Remove from heat and spread out onto a plate to cool. Place in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9-inch round pie plate or similar with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add cheeses and mix to incorporate. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add cooled quinoa and cooled kale to egg mixture. Mix to combine. Pour into prepared baking dish, making sure to smooth out the top so its even.
- Cover with a piece of tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, top with grated Parmesan and bake an additional 10 minutes. If top has not reached golden brown, place under broiler for about 2 minutes.