Apple Spice CakeFrom thumper20 1 year ago
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3 to 4 granny smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups) I use locally grown Gravenstein Apples shopping list
- 1 cup chopped assorted nuts, such as pecans and walnuts (optional) Sometimes I add "craisions" for a nice twist shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- caramel sauce shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray with flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Working over a large sheet of parchment paper, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; gather sifted ingredients into center of sheet; set aside. (Sifting into a bowl is much easier)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs; mix on high speed until lemon yellow.
- Fold reserved parchment in half lengthwise; with mixer on medium speed, gradually shake in dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Add apples and, if desired, nuts, to batter; mix to combine. Add vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 75 to 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Invert cake onto rack; turn cake right-side up to cool completely on rack, and serve drizzled with caramel sauce.
The Cookthumper20 Cloverdale, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!