Roast Pork W/ VegtablesFrom fiestyfoodie 3 years ago
- pork shoulder roast shopping list
- 2 large onions chopped shopping list
- 4 large carrots chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery chopped shopping list
- 1 envelope onion soup mix shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- dried oregano shopping list
- 2 sprigs dried thyme shopping list
- rosemary shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In Dutch oven, put small amount of olive oil in pan heat
- 2. in plastic bag, put salt and pepper and about a cup of flour in and shake together
- 3 put pork shoulder in bag with ingredients and shake to cover very thoroughly
- 4 take out pork shoulder after covered w/ flour mixture and add to dutch oven w/ hot oil and brown on all sides.
- 5 let rest while preheating oven to 350 degrees
- 6 once oven has been preheated to 350- put roast back in dutch oven with vegetables, 2 tbsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, 2 sprigs thyme, rosemary and dried oregano, mix soup mix with about cup of water and pour over top of roast.
- 7. add enough water to submerge roast to halfway point.
- 8 cover and put in oven on middle rack.
- 9 let cook for about 6-7 hours at 325-350 degrees.
- 10 at the point where meat in center is 170 degrees internally at thickest section, take out of pot and let rest on cutting board for 20 minutes.
- 11 take vegetables out and put into separate serving dish.
- 12 slice roast into 1-1 1/2 inch slices.
- 13 reserved broth in pan, bring to boil adding 1 cup cold water with 2 tbsp of flour mixed. stir contantly bringing to boil and thickening to make gravy
- I always serve with dinner rolls, nice green salad and sweet tea.... makes the perfect supper on those cold Sundays! My family loves this and I hope that yours does too..... Bon Apetite!
The Cookfiestyfoodie Merrill, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!