Fab White Choc And Macadamia CookiesFrom hollyeats 1 year ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled somewhat shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- Scant 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or sub 1 packet vanilla sugar) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (chopped, if needed) macadamia nuts shopping list
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or chunks from bars shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325° F/170° C.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Beat in the egg until well combined, then beat in the egg yolk and beat until fluffy; then beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture by hand (wooden spoon) until just moistened. Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips, also by hand. (I do this by stirring the flour mixture only partly before I add the solids and then it doesn't get over-combined.)
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased and/or lined baking sheet, and press down on the cookies with your palm a bit to flatten (not too much!). Leave quite a bit of space on the pans between them as they spread a lot.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to look golden brown. They are rather fragile when they are hot and need to cool on the baking sheet, so even if they don’t look quite set, it’s okay because they continue to cook after you remove them from the oven. Much better to underbake these than to overbake them, or they lose their chewiness.
- After 5 minutes you can remove them and allow to finish cooling on a rack or on a different surface.
- Makes about 50-60 cookies if you use a smaller spoon, 20-25 if you make monster cookies.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!