Carrot Cake JamFrom twill10 3 years ago
- thanks to : https://www.facebook.com/unpavedroads shopping list
- carrot cake jam shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated peeled carrots shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cored peeled pears shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups canned pineapple, including juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- ... shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1 package regular powdered fruit pectin shopping list
- 6 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine carrots, pears, pineapple with juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Bring to a boil over over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in pectin until dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently Add sugar all at once and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot jam. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in canner, bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid and wait 5 minutes. Remove jars and wait for ping. (Makes about 6 pints.)
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!