Moist & Spicy Carrot Cake LoafFrom hollyeats 3 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ea. ground cloves and allspice shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 packed cup brown or demerara sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups shredded carrots, packed (about 4-5 large) shopping list
- 2 cups (16 ounces) applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins (I prefer golden) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat eggs; add oil, sugar, and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir in carrots and applesauce until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients, raisins and walnuts or pecans; combine.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cake tests done. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes and then turn out to completely cool.
- You can frost these but they are plenty sweet as is.
- Wrapped well, these keep in fridge for 2 weeks-- if you can keep your family from gobbling it up that long!
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!