Sponge CakeFrom pmannion 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix eggs and sugar continuously in a bain marie until mixture reaches 43ºC. (Becomes very thin and incorporates air much better).
- Beat mixture on maximum speed for 10 minutes until has x3 in volume (don't beat for less).
- In 10 minutes of beating: triple sift flour, line base of 2x18cm rounds cake tins with baking paper. Do not grease tins, otherwise sponges will not rise.
- Fold flour into meringue in two batches, working quickly to minimise volume loss.
- Pour into tins and bake for ≈20 minutes, until sponges are lightly browned and spring back on percussion.
- Cool in tins. Once cooled, use a sharp knife around the edge to loosen. Invert onto cooling rack.
The Cookpmannion Melbourne, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!