Golden Beet - Apple Salad With Walnuts And ChevreFrom PongoUSA 4 years ago
- 4 golden beets, or red beets ( fresh ones, not the pickled variety ! ) shopping list
- 1 Fui apple, cored, but not peeled, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted shopping list
- 4 oz chevre or another soft goat cheese shopping list
- 4 cups mache or rucola/spring greens mix ( Trader Joes ) shopping list
- 4 tb walnut oil shopping list
- 2 tb apple balsamico ( or another fruity vinegar ) shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap beets tightly into tin foil, bake at 350 F for about a hour ( I usually do that when I have the oven on anyways. The beets keep in the fridge for 3 days. ) Let cool, than peel and slice into 1/8 '' rounds.
- Mount mache on a platter, top with beet and apple slices. Drizzle oil and vinegar over, top with walnuts and cheese. Serve at once.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!